Friday, July 17, 2009

Week 17 -- PCMs and China preparation

1. (What I learned about Korea)

I didn't have time to sightsee or explore this week because of our trip this weekend. However, I did try a Western-Korean fusion restaurant, and gained some knowledge of what that sort of fusion food tastes like.

I also saw a little of the city at night. Interestingly, the food stalls are still out and doing a brisk business (as opposed to Philadelphia, where the lunch trucks tend to pack up at about dinner time). It was a fun walk.

2. (Project status)

The beat tracker/gesture transmission system is now running on one PCM computer and transmitting to another PCM computer, where the HUBO code is reading the serial data. The next step is to move this over to the computers on the HUBO. Also, I revised the ICHIT paper.

3. (Photo of the week)

Daejeon at night.


4. (What I learned about myself)

This week was condensed due to the trip, but I was still able to get everything done that I wanted to, thus demonstrating my time management abilities.

5. (New people I met this week)

Min-Wu in the lab is the guy in charge of doing things on the HUBO, so I talked to him this week. He's a nice guy, and I had a fun conversation with him. I'll be talking to him a lot in the coming weeks as I get my system up on the HUBO.

6. (Travel)

Tomorrow we leave for China. I'm looking forward to this next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment