Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 13 -- Dolsotbap and seafood

1. (What I learned about Korea)

This week I explored some new restaurants and dishes, using my restaurant guide that I obtained from the tourist center.

One dish that I wanted to try in particular was dolsotbap. This is rice mixed with a mixture of nuts and vegetables, and served with many side dishes. I enjoyed the dish a lot when I found a place that offered it as a specialty, and now I know what dolsotbap tasted like. This also means I only have two signature dishes of the city left to try.

I also wanted to go to a buffet, not having been to one since arriving. My guide mention a good seafood buffet in the northwest part of town. I went and I got to try a wide variety of different sushi and sashimi dishes. So I learned a little more about what seafood in Korea tastes like as well.

Finally, I learned about Korean burgers when I went to have one last night. I hadn't actually had a full burger since arriving, and I noticed that the one I ordered was much smaller than ones in America (although still tasty). This experience taught me more about how burgers tend to be larger in American than in some other countries.

2. (Project status)

I returned to the GUI this week, creating a new form that involved some graphical manipulation. I also began examining the motor controller code -- it looks like I'll be doing some more code documentation in the coming weeks.

3. (Picture of the week)

Dolsotbap.



4. (What I learned about myself)

I learned that I can draw/manipulate graphics using code. I hadn't done this before, but was able to do it for the new GUI form I wrote.

5. (New people I met this week)

Clayton and I were alerted to Major Chris Korpela, who is joining Dr. Oh's lab. He may be coming down to the HUBO lab for a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment